If you’re like most homeowners you don’t think about the inner workings of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how it keeps food and drinks cold—and Valor Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out everything you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to call refrigerator repair.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for many years. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent spoiling and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the unit to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Valor Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the back outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to release the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the air.
A evaporator is attached on the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat held within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is directed through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, transforming the gas back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the current temperature within a refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in CITY for repair right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to engage, and the cooling cycle starts. The unit attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the hot gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the unit, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature back to the optimal set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and then returns to the compressor in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a lot of applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single place and then transferring it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, creates a perfect space for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule service with Valor Appliance Repair.
Valor Appliance Repair will repair all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our technicians in CITY complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart technology and various malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Valor Appliance Repair